buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <as...@labnotes.org>
Subject Re: Discuss: Buildr 1.3.5
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 00:18:08 GMT
On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Alex Boisvert <alex.boisvert@gmail.com>wrote:

> Now that 1.3.5 is out, my personal outlook for the coming weeks looks like:
>
> -Merging Daniel's continuous compilation branch
> -Dig into RJB segfaults with JDK 1.6 (though, not guaranteeing results)
> -Adding specs and cleaning up shell support
> -Adding buildfile examples to the website (if nobody gets to it before I
> do)
>
> Probably in that order.
>
> Any long-standing issue that needs attention?

How about running Buildr through continuous integration? I'm thinking
http://runcoderun.com, it's free for open source projects.

Also, simplify snapshot gems. Right now they're published to Apache with
some tricky scripts that nobody remembers to run. Also, Github no longer
builds gems, they removed that feature recently. On the plus side,
http://www.gemcutter.com/ is super easy to use: gem build and gem push.

We could publish apache-buildr snapshot gems periodically through gemcutter,
and introduce a rake task for publishing your own gem (e.g. mine would be
assaf-buildr), make it easier to test out new features.

Assaf