buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <p...@hammant.org>
Subject Re: Buildr's example build scripts
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 01:01:12 GMT
>> I'm thinking such a script should be on the home page, and also on
>> the
>> getting started page.
>>

> +1
>
> Even better if it's the buildfile of an actual open source project,
> so you
> can experience it.

Better yet, if it is a dogfood script ..

   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/buildr/trunk/buildr.buildfile  ??

I prefer curly brackets though to do/end for pseudo-declarative
scripts such as this.

I'm involved with the Swiby project at Codehaus and for the views at
least { } is right - http://svn.codehaus.org/swiby/trunk/core/demo/banking/banking.rb
That's for Views, for Models and Controllers we go back to do/end as
that is classic Ruby scripts.
As it happens the Swiby front page does not have the example script
that I'm preaching to you guys as essential.  I'll fix that shortly.

-Paul Hammant
[ Apache Member
   hammant@apache.org ]