buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <djspie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Buildr's example build scripts
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 03:51:32 GMT
I'm not really sure that's the best example.  Buildr's build requirements
are quite unique, and while the buildfile linked is very concise, it's also
not very informative.  I think that we should instead go with a contrived
example showing a main project in Java with WAR packaging, along with
subprojects in Scala and Groovy (and maybe one in Java, just for
completeness).  It should also have a small custom task.

One slight problem with this is Buildr infers so much from the directory
structure that you really don't get the whole picture with just a
buildfile.  Maybe there's some sneaky graphical way to superimpose the
buildfile contents over the directory structure...

Daniel