buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com>
Subject Re: 1.4, Windows 7, and a few news
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 01:09:17 GMT
If dropping MRI means an easier, cross platform install via JRuby, then I'm
all for it. I suspect that difficulty installing MRI on windows remains a
large obstacle for those (especially in the enterprise) trying to jump on
the Buildr bandwagon. Making Buildr as easy to install as Ant would be huge
and JRuby startup time will only get faster.

My 2 cents.

-Shane