buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <djspie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.1 release
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 16:51:35 GMT
Alrighty then.  I'm generally in favor of rapid releases myself, I just wanted to be sure that
we weren't rushing things.

I vote +1 on the release.  Oh and Antoine, don't think your hard work on this release has
gone unnoticed.  I saw all of that JIRA and SVN activity!

Daniel

On Jul 2, 2010, at 11:47 AM, "Rhett Sutphin" <rhett@detailedbalance.net> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> On Jul 2, 2010, at 9:32 AM, Daniel Spiewak wrote:
>
>> Doesn't it seem just a little quick to be pushing out 1.4.1?  I don't object
>> too strenuously, but it just seems a bit weird.
>
> I'm in favor of it.  Frequent releases let the project adapt to changing circumstances
and fix critical bugs before they scare off potential new adopters.  Many successful projects
have frequent releases -- one I can think of in particular is hudson, which has a release
every week.

> So long as the changes are well documented and there's a good (passing) test suite (both
of which are the case with buildr), there's no need for months to elapse between releases.

>>> http://people.apache.org/~toulmean/buildr/1.4.1/dist/buildr-1.4.1.tgz<http://people.apache.org/%7Etoulmean/buildr/1.4.1/dist/buildr-1.4.1.tgz>