buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.1 release
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 16:40:40 GMT
Hi Daniel,

On Jul 2, 2010, at 9:32 AM, Daniel Spiewak wrote:

> Doesn't it seem just a little quick to be pushing out 1.4.1?  I don't object
> too strenuously, but it just seems a bit weird.

I'm in favor of it.  Frequent releases let the project adapt to changing circumstances and
fix critical bugs before they scare off potential new adopters.  Many successful projects
have frequent releases -- one I can think of in particular is hudson, which has a release
every week.

So long as the changes are well documented and there's a good (passing) test suite (both of
which are the case with buildr), there's no need for months to elapse between releases.

Rhett