buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.1 release
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 15:57:01 GMT
Hi Antoine,

One small problem with this release -- it is misreporting its own version:

$ buildr _1.4.1_ --version
Buildr 1.4.0

(I notice that buildr has its version listed multiple places, which is presumably what led
to this oversight.  I find that the following technique can DRY up this aspect of ruby gem
maintenance:

Put the version constant in its own file:

# lib/buildr/version.rb
module Buildr
  VERSION = '1.4.1'
end

Load that file from both the main library file:

# lib/buildr.rb
require 'buildr/version'
# ...

And the gemspec:

# buildr.gemspec
require File.expand_path(__FILE__, '../lib/buildr/version.rb')
Gem::Specification.new do |spec|
  spec.name           = 'buildr'
  spec.version        = Buildr::VERSION
  # ...
end

)

Otherwise it looks fine to me.  I can confirm that BUILDR-463 is fixed.  Thanks for the quick
turnaround on that one.

Rhett