buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: alias :project :define
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 06:28:22 GMT
On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 7:13 PM, redstun <redstun@gmail.com> wrote:

> Cool, after reading all the replies, I think it's quite feasible to do so.
>
> I've experimented locally by making Buildr.project,
> Buildr::Project.project,
> and Buildr::Project.self.project do what their corresponding define methods
> do. and made the define methods merely aliases. And the result is success.
>
> Could anyone please show me some instructions about how should I test my
> patch? I only tested it with some very simple scenarios, not sure if that's
> enough.

You would need to add new tests in spec/core/project_spec.rb that would
specify the new project(name, &block) variant(s) and make sure that all
existing specs still pass.

e.g.  rspec -fn -c spec/core/project_spec.rb  # => PASS

Once you get there, create an issue in Jira and attach your diff to it.

alex