buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Philippe Caruana <jeanphilippe1.caru...@orange-ftgroup.com>
Subject Re: Maven SNAPSHOT timestamps
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 14:20:34 GMT
On 12/03/2011 03:42, Peter Donald wrote:
>> I'm tempted to turn the feature on by default since I believe it's the right
>> thing to do (compatibility-wise) on Maven repos.  However, it could be a
>> breaking change if people currently depend on SNAPSHOTs being updated
>> in-place instead of uploading a new artifact with a timestamp.
>>
>> Anybody has a strong opinion about this?
>
> I think we should do the "right" thing and be compatibile with Maven.

I think the default should stay the same in the 1.4.x branch, but could
be changed for the next major release (>=1.5.0).
And, it is easy to add this to the build with the
Buildr.application.options.unique_version option in the buildfile, so it
is okay for me.

Great job anyway !

my 2cts

--
Jean-Philippe Caruana
sorry for the crap that will be appended here:
********************************
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
confidentiels et etablis a l'attention exclusive de ses destinataires.
Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration. Multimedia Business Services decline
toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme
ou falsifie.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire
immediatement et d'avertir l'expediteur.
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees. Any unauthorised use or
dissemination is prohibited.
Messages are susceptible to alteration. Multimedia Business Services shall not be liable for
the
message if altered, changed or falsified.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it
immediately and inform the sender..