buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.6 release
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 17:10:25 GMT
2011/6/22 Marc-André Laverdière <marcandre.laverdiere@gmail.com>

> That part worked well. Thanks!
>
> But I got something that didn't :(
>
> The auto-versioning after a release messed up:
> 1.2-RC-5-SNAPSHOT -> 1.2-RC-5 -> 1.000003-SNAPSHOT

Did this use to work in previous versions?

The release documentation (http://buildr.apache.org/releasing.html) is
pretty clear that it will "increment the last digit of the 3-digit version
number if THIS_VERSION ends with -SNAPSHOT."   And you have several
alternatives to specify the next version number.

Unless this used to work, I don't see this bug as a blocker for the release.
 We can address it for the next version.

alex