buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Experiences with transitive dependencies in buildr
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 21:42:00 GMT
Neat!

I think something missing (unless I missed it) is the notion of
scopes/groups for artifacts.

With respect to Buildr integration, it would be nice if it could reuse the
repositories specified in the buildfile (e.g. Buildr.repositories.remote)
and maybe allow mapping of groups to Buildr's built-in
compile/test/package/run/... tasks, similar to how ivy4r does it, e.g.,

  ivy.conf(
    :compile => ['buildtime', 'default', 'hadoop'],
    :test => ['buildtime', 'default', 'test'],
    :package => 'default'
  )

(there are alternate syntaxes for this, I'm just copying & pasting the
closest example I had).

alex