buildr-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Toulme <anto...@toulme.name>
Subject 1.5.1 roadmap
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2016 04:44:04 GMT
All,

I have lined up a few issues for 1.5.1:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%201.5.1%20AND%20project%20%3D%20BUILDR
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20=%201.5.1%20AND%20project%20=%20BUILDR>

I have a few big items in mind for this release:
-Work around Buildr itself, fix the web site, add more examples that can also be used as integration
tests.
-Take a hard look at the addons folder. Knock out what’s old and crusty, and maybe move
a few into the main code line (I started using custom_pom and I like it a lot!)
-Communicate and analyze what’s going on. Buildr has been very quiet for the longest time,
but the gem downloads are nothing less than impressive.
-Our installation story needs an overhaul and we should look at Docker onbuild, and if there
are new ways to bundle Buildr into an executable.

I also think that 1.5 was a big release, and I would be in favor of reacting quickly and cutting
a release if - when we see bug reports coming in.

Ideally, I’d like 1.5.1 to be out by Christmas unless something comes up.

What do you think?

Antoine