buildr-users mailing list archives

From To...@KE4KUG.net
Subject Buildr and SNAPSHOT revisions: update policy?
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 01:32:56 GMT
Hello,
I hope I will be forgiven for lately sending 'complaints' to the list
without also a patch. I've been very busy lately and I'm sending this
in the hope that *somebody* understands the problem I'm trying to
describe and has the ability to repair.

The problem is, when my project depends on artifacts from the Maven
repo that are at -SNAPSHOT versions, I'm having to 'manually' nuke the
cache repository before running buildr, because otherwise my
aggregator is pulling in the same old (stale) SNAPSHOTs that were
previously cached, the availability of a newer SNAPSHOT in the remote
repo notwithstanding.

In Maven, we used to fidget with settings.xml to change the update
policy to be more aggressive about checking for updated SNAPSHOTs.
In Buildr, it appears as though there is NO update policy; at least
the evidence of my project makes it appear that Buildr does neither
check daily, nor with any other frequency: if the artifact with the
given maven coordinates is already in the cache repo, that's the one
that will be used, no matter how much older it is than the remote repo.

Maybe someday real soon, I'll post a test case that fails. For now,
I'm hoping somebody has time on their hands and an inclination to fix
my problem. In the meantime, the workaround is (as stated above) to
nuke the cache repo before calling rake.

Thanks,
/TOMMY