buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: EAR task questions
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 00:54:27 GMT
On 1/31/08, Ingo Schmidt <antispam@der-ingo.de> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I finally managed to install buildr from sources. I am also using
> buildr rather successfully now :)
>
> But there are some questions left, especially regarding the EAR task:
>
> 1. Why is a folder META-INF containing application.xml created in the
>    root of my project and not in target folder? The problem with that is,
>    that the clean task won't clean this folder then, and I have to
> manually
>    do this every time (see question 2)
>    In lib/java/packaging.rb I changed this:
>    old: @descriptor ||= file('META-INF/application.xml') do |task|
>    new: @descriptor ||= file('target/META-INF/application.xml') do |task|
>    Now the clean task wipes everything as expected. Is that just a mistake
>    or is META-INF created on purpose in root?

That is a bug, logged in JIRA, and we have a fix coming up.

> 2. I am adding a WAR and an EJB to my EAR like so:
>    package(:ear).add :war=>project("webapp-war").package(:war)
>    package(:ear).add :ejb=>project("my-ejb").package(:jar)
>    I run the build and the result is as expected. Now I comment out
>    the line add the EJB to my EAR and run buildr again (no clean
>    task). But my application.xml still has the entry for the EJB.
>    Why is this so? I have seen this happen in other places in buildr,
>    too. Too bad, I didn't write those cases down.

Because the task that creates application.xml doesn't know that the list of
components have changed.  I think there's a way to solve this, I'll log that
in JIRA, worth tying out:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BUILDR-26?focusedCommentId=12564576#action_12564576

3. Is there any way to add a WAR to my EAR as open directory and not
>    as *.war file?
>    I need this because I don't think you can tell IIS to use a *.war file
>    as document root...
>    Is there any way to change/modify the EAR task to do this for me?
>    Would be very handy, because the EAR task so nicely builds the
>    application.xml on the fly.
>    Currently I need to unzip the WAR and modify application.xml by
>    hand. It would just be so much nicer to have it all automated.

I'm not sure what this would entail, maybe Victor knows.

Assaf

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
CTO, Intalio