buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: [buildr] Using the group statement
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 22:14:15 GMT
On 2/4/08, Assaf Arkin <arkin@intalio.com> wrote:

> On 2/3/08, Antoine Contal <antoine.contal@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Assaf, Stephen,
> >
> > Thank you for your explanations. It works fine now.
> >
> > I must say having a method and an attribute with the same name in
> > roughly the same context confused me.
>

> I agree, it wasn't a good idea.  Unfortunately, the first time I realized
> this was several months after the release.

I've added a note in the artifacts documentation page,

*Note:* Buildr projects also define a group attribute which can lead to some
confusion. If you want to define an artifact group within a project
definition, you should use the explicit qualifier Buildr::group.

to help prevent this sort of confusion in the future.

alex