buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Duncan" <stephen.dun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: State of Transitive Dependencies
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 23:00:06 GMT
On Feb 4, 2008 3:34 PM, Assaf Arkin <arkin@intalio.com> wrote:

> On 2/2/08, Stephen Duncan <stephen.duncan@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> It's not tested, so I can't guarantee it will work in most cases, segfault
> is probably recursion eating up the stack.  We'll have to deal with this
> properly in the next major release (past 1.3).

Ok.  See my other e-mail for a current regression from 1.2.10 to trunk.

> > Is transitive supposed (or going to) work on projects as well?
>

> Nope, but  project('foo').compile.classpath will.

>From warnings that I got, I gather that's supposed to be
project('foo').compile.dependencies now, right?

I know my test build doesn't work between 1.3.0 and 1.2.10, and it looks
like it's because in 1.2.10 I need to explicitly set more things
test.withdependencies.  Are project compile dependencies being
automatically added to
the test classpath? These are things I felt I had to struggle through
figuring out when testing that it would be good to see explicit in the
docs.

> > Also, how do you (or can you) get project dependencies to end up in the
> > POM
> > when doing buildr install?
>

> We can't right now, again something we'll have to resolve by adding proper
> dependency management.
>
> Assaf

Ok, good to know.  Thanks for the answers and help.

-Stephen