buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Spiewak" <djspie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: POM-Only Transitive Dependencies
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2008 02:27:30 GMT
What about creating a stub pom that has practically nothing in it and
doesn't correspond to any JAR?  It's not really broken dependencies, just a
POM that exists solely for the purpose of triggering transient dependencies
to other artifacts.  I don't think this is an issue with the transitive
functionality, but rather an assumption made by the JAR resolution.
Obviously I could be totally off base on that (knowing almost nothing about
the code), but from what I've seen, that seems to be more the case.  I would
be willing to write up an RSpec for this, except for the fact that I a)
don't know RSpec, and b) don't know maven.  :-)  Anyway, aside from those
two limitations I'd love to help out!

Daniel