buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: problems with scala
Date Sun, 04 May 2008 19:37:14 GMT
On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Olivier Poppon <opoppon@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just did the cleanup (it removed a previous version), but I still don't
> get the prompt.
> Scala is 2.6.0-final
> SCALA_HOME is pointing to where I installed scala (so a ls displays bin and
> share directory)

can you look into the share directory?  I think that's the one holding bin
and lib, and the one SCALA_HOME should point into.

> You might be right that it could be more something in my ruby configuration
> (standard leopard).
>
> Is it not a problem to have 2 ruby systems (standard and macports ?)

buildr -v will tell you which version of Buildr you're running, and which
buildr would return /usr/bin/buildr if installed for the standard Ruby,
/opt/local/bin if installed with MacPorts Ruby.

If you have both, only one gets used when you run commands like ruby or gem,
depending on the path, and MacPorts puts itself first on the path.  But if
you installed Buildr on standard Ruby first, that's the one it will pick up
from /usr/bin so you need to gem install buildr again.

Assaf