buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Multiple test directories (scala/java) problem.
Date Sat, 17 May 2008 02:51:22 GMT
On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 3:39 AM, behlma <behlma@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
> there are actually dependencies between the two ;( It will be the two
> different directories, as it works fine with just one. For maven there's
> the
> build-helper plugin which allows you to use multiple test/src directories.
> I'm currently using that but then again Buildr seems to be so much nicer.
>
> Any chance of getting multiple test directories implemented? :)

Actually, only one of the source directories gets compiled into
target/test/classes, and so only those files get run by the test suite.

So the first requirement would be, the ability to run two different
compilers in the same project, one for Java and one for Scala.

I tried to do something like this before using the compile task, but it
ended up being a solution that would complicate life for developers who
don't care much for this feature.

It should be possible, I'm just not sure what the right approach would be.

Assaf