buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Victor Hugo Borja" <vic.bo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trouble running java task with 1.3.0
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 21:11:44 GMT
Harish, could you with the following change:
http://github.com/vic/buildr/commit/b921093029bc4f9e6f9ee59e6d42f5357fbb7e18
Patch your commands.rb, and let us know if this works on windows.

We really need more specs for windows paths, so If anyone running windows
would like to contribute a failing spec for this it would be great.

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Harish Krishnaswamy <harishkswamy@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Actually, its not a space problem... I patched the
> Java::Commands.classpath_from method to put the path names within quotes
> and
> its still wouldn't run. When I copy the command from trace and run it
> unchanged, it runs. I am not sure what the problem is, any help is much
> appreciated.
>
> Here's my output which is not very helpful...
>
> Running java com.google.gwt.dev.GWTCompiler
> rake aborted!
> Failed to execute java com.google.gwt.dev.GWTCompiler, see errors above
>
> It appears like the errors are being swallowed.
>
> -Harish
>
> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 3:54 PM, Harish Krishnaswamy <
> harishkswamy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > No, I am trying to run the GWT compiler from within build using the java
> > commnd.
> >
> > def build_gwt_project(module_name)
> >     build do
> >       Java::Commands.java 'com.google.gwt.dev.GWTCompiler', '-out',
> > 'target/gwt/out', '-gen', 'target/gwt/gen', module_name,
> >         :java_args => ['-Xmx256M'],
> >         :classpath => [FileList['src/main/java', 'src/main/resources',
> > 'target/classes'], source_deps], :verbose => true
> >     end
> > end
> >
> > I use this function from within my project definition.
> >

> > On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Daniel Spiewak <djspiewak@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> It does have a space: "Daniel Spiewak".  Is this the javac build or
> >> dependency resolution?
> >>
> >> Daniel
> >>
> >> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Harish Krishnaswamy <
> >> harishkswamy@gmail.com>

> >> like
> >> break

> also