buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Upgrade to JMock 2
Date Sat, 24 May 2008 15:30:47 GMT
(Cross-posting to buildr-user and buildr-dev)

While looking into Scala testing, I noticed we're still using JMock 1
(1.2.0) as default.  Would anybody oppose upgrading to JMock 2 (2.4.0) by
default?

JMock 2 features additional and cleaner APIs, but isn't 100% backward
compatible with JMock 1.   It also requires Java 1.5+.

The main reason I'm asking is because ScalaTest and Scala Specs rely on
JMock 2.   We could override the defaults for Scala projects but I figured
it would be better to have consistent defaults between Java/Scala.

alex