buildr-users mailing list archives

From Ittay Dror <ittay.d...@gmail.com>
Subject buildfile per component
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 08:23:56 GMT

Hi,

I have a large source tree with many modules grouped into components. Each
developer knows only one component, so I don't want them to checkout and
build the rest. However, the nightly build does need to checkout all.

How I can break the single buildfile into several so that the top buildfile
just includes the ones in each component and they in turn define all modules
(that is, i don't aim at a buildfile per module). Each one should be
independent so I can checkout the component directory and build the
component. Note that the top buildfile does have its own logic of defining
the order of build according dependencies between sub buildfiles (if used
independently they reference each other as artifacts) and creating bundles
containing all components.

Thank you,
Ittay