buildr-users mailing list archives

From Ittay Dror <ittay.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: buildfile per component
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2008 21:36:10 GMT

Assaf Arkin wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Ittay Dror <ittay.dror@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Assaf Arkin wrote:

>>> I have not tried this, but here's something worth trying and if it
>>> ends up working, we can turn this into a feature.
>>>
>>> Say the larger buildfile has a project master, and sub-directories foo
>>> and bar, each with its own buildfile.  I'm guessing loading and
>>> evaluating these inside the master project could work, like so:
>>>
>>> define 'master' do
>>>   eval File.load('foo/buildfile')
>>>   eval File.load('bar/buildfile')
>>> end
>>>
>>> Assaf
>>>
>> But then, if I cd to foo and try to build, buildr will see the buildfile
>> and
>> will use it as master, right? I think this will mess up project names.
>> Maybe
>> change the names to subbuildfile?
>
> Buildr looks for the buildfile in the current directory (up the tree
> if there's none in the current directory), so inside foo you would
> only get foo's buildfile to load.  At that point, you're like every
> other component developer who only sees one buildfile and not the
> entire set.
>
> Assaf

can I reference 'bar' as a dependency? usually this is done with
'project()', but if i build in 'foo', then 'bar' is unknown. in maven, since
a dependency is always via group,artifact,version ids, it does not matter,
as long as 'bar' is in the local repository. how can i get the same behavior
in buildr?

thanks,
ittay