buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Assaf Arkin" <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: problems installing buildr JRuby trunk on MacOS 10.5.3
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:47:26 GMT
On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 10:34 PM, Stephen Bannasch
<stephen.bannasch@deanbrook.org> wrote:
> This is using trunk JRuby (r7043) which is now using rubygems 1.1.2
>
> [jruby.git (work)]$ jruby -S gem install buildr
> JRuby limited openssl loaded. gem install jruby-openssl for full support.
> http://wiki.jruby.org/wiki/JRuby_Builtin_OpenSSL
> ERROR:  Error installing buildr:
>        buildr requires net-ssh (= 2.0.1, runtime)

That's strange.  You get this error message because RubyGems knows it
needs net-ssh to install Buildr, so it determines the dependencies
correctly, but reports that it can't find net-ssh 2.0.1 anywhere.  But
then when you try to install net-ssh, no problem.  I'm guessing
something in RubyGems 1.2.0 that doesn't like JRuby?

Assaf