buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Spiewak" <djspie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: buildr standalone package
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:45:34 GMT
It's possible, though not entirely easy.  You would be relying on the
underlying platform fairly heavily.  What I would suggest is install Ruby on
a clean system, run `sudo gem install buildr` and then tar up the Ruby home
directory.  Unless you're on Linux with a shoddy distro, you should be able
to untar this on any Linux system with roughly the same lib versions and run
everything without a hitch.  Note that some Linux distributions (*ahem*
RedHat) tend to dispurse binaries a bit.  I'm not sure if RH-based distros
have an atomic Ruby home, but I know that proper installations should.

Daniel