buildr-users mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: mapping multiple paths to custom Layout resources
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:19:28 GMT
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Shane Witbeck <shane@digitalsanctum.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to map a few different directories to a custom Layout's resources
> by doing something like the following:
>
> spg_layout = Layout.new
> spg_layout[:source, :main, :resources] = 'src/main/config/common'
> spg_layout[:source, :main, :resources] = 'src/main/config/' +
> Buildr.environment
> spg_layout[:source, :main, :resources] = 'src/main/resources'
>  It seems you can only map one path since it only picks up the last
> 'src/main/resources' path. Is what I'm trying to do possible?

Layouts are for people who don't like the default layout.  What you're
trying to do is get the resource task to copy from multiple
directories, instead of the single directory it picks by default.
That's what resources.from does.  If you want all your projects to
have resources.from( multiple ), perhaps an extension?

http://incubator.apache.org/buildr/rdoc/classes/Buildr/Extension.html

Assaf