buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Keeping executable bits on files (Buildr::Filter)
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 20:36:22 GMT
Hi Henrik,

Late reply but I guess better than no reply at all!

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 1:00 AM, Henrik Thostrup Jensen
<thostrup@gmail.com>wrote:

> When copying files using Buildr:Filter, any executable bit set on
> files disappear.
> This is somewhat annoying :-). Is there a way to fix this?

Yes, but it sounds like we'll need a volunteer to write the fix and test
it.  Feel free to open a Jira and give it your best shot if you have the
guts for it.

Also, is there an easy way to roll up several sub-projects into a
> single directory (for release or deployment)
> Currently I'm doing this filter, but there might be an easier way.

I'm not 100% clear about what you mean.   Typically the form of packaging
you use (.war, .ear, ...) addresses this.

> And two unrelated questions:
>
> 1.3.4 gets a bit verbose to stdout, even with --silent (e.g., clean
> emits alot of rm -fr command)
> Is there a way to make it as silent as 1.3.3?

Do you want to send in a patch? :)

> 1.3.4 didn't really speed up things. Maybe the actual task execution,
> but there is still a ~10 second startup delay. jirb takes around 2
> seconds to start. Is this common, or is JRuby misconfigured somehow?

I have an 5-8 second delay on my system.  I think it's within the expected
norms without knowing more about your system configuration.

alex