buildr-users mailing list archives

From Martin Grotzke <martin.grot...@javakaffee.de>
Subject Re: Internal error: Called Buildr.settings before buildfile located - again
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:36:53 GMT
On Sun, 2009-02-08 at 19:53 -0800, Alexis Midon wrote:
> Buildr has many sweeteners for artifact management:
> http://buildr.apache.org/artifacts.html#specifying_artifacts
> and the absence of xml spares you a lot of typing.
I've already read these parts of the documentation, definitely nice.

However, as I wrote in my first post I managed to convert the pom.xml to
the buildfile by removing the line that throws the mentioned error.

I just wanted to adress this issue so that it gets solved and other
potential new users are not confrontated with this :)

I think for new users that are coming from maven and are trying buildr
as a possible replacement converting existing projects to buildr is a
common starting point. Even if this functionality is  "only" an addon I
would regard it to be very important for this project - also because it
is the first part of buildr that new users are confrontated with.
Therefore it should be of the same good quality as the rest of the
project.

Thanx for your help,
cheers,
Martin

> it might be much easier than you expect.
>
> Alexis
>

> On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Martin Grotzke <martin.grotzke@javakaffee.de
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > thanx for your quick response!
> >
> > I just filed an issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BUILDR-245
> >
> > Originally I wanted to convert an existing maven project to be able to
> > compare the build times (also with multi-project builds) between maven,
> > buildr and a solution with ant/ivy. Especially the dependencies stuff
> > kept me from writing this again by hand for buildr (as these are lots of
> > deps).
> >
> > Thanx && cheers,
> > Martin
> >

> > On Sun, 2009-02-08 at 18:10 -0800, Alex Boisvert wrote:
> > > Hi Martin,
> > >
> > > My guess is the Maven project convertor is broken in Buildr 1.3.3
> > (assuming
> > > that's the version you're using).  I'd generally qualify the tools as
> > > experimental and I don't know if a lot of people have used it
> > (succesfully
> > > or not).  I just tried it on a few pom.xml files I had on my system and
> > I'm
> > > getting "Undefined prefix xsi found" consistency across them, even though
> > > the prefix is define.
> > >
> > > If you open a Jira and attach your pom.xml file then someone may be able
> > > get it working.
> > >
> > > Alternatively, you can write your Buildfile by hand fairly quickly.   If
> > you
> > > need help on this, just ask... It's a worthwhile learning experience.
> > >
> > > cheers,
> > > alex
> > >

> > > On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Martin Grotzke <
> > martin.grotzke@javakaffee.de

> > via

The