buildr-users mailing list archives

From Martin Grotzke <martin.grot...@javakaffee.de>
Subject Re: Suppressing retesting when the buildfile changes and/or only running tests for one project
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:56:10 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 18:51 -0600, Rhett Sutphin wrote:
[snip]
> Another solution to that problem would be to have an option to only
> run the tests for a single module -- sort of like test:pattern, except
> that the constraint would be the module.  This would help with another
> minor issue I've noticed: when you specify a pattern, all the tests in
> all the modules that match that pattern are run, even if you invoke
> test (or integration) from a submodule.
I would also expect that, when running tests from within a specific
(sub-)module, only tests of this module are executed. Even if other
modules depend on the current one, I would not expect that tests of the
dependent module are run.

What is the reason that tests of all modules are run?

Cheers,
Martin