buildr-users mailing list archives

From Timo Rantalaiho <Timo.Rantala...@ri.fi>
Subject Re: How to run a webapp in jetty
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 03:31:54 GMT
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, Martin Grotzke wrote:
> With tapestry5 live class reloading this was indeed the case. If you
> show how to use it without using the jetty plugin this would be kind -
> however I have to admit I didn't really investigate since about 1 year
> (at this time it was the case).

Ah, yeah -- if you have some useful functionality that
relies on a specific IDE plugin, then of course it makes
sense to use the plugin. This would indeed be the example
that invalidates my point :)

My knowledge on Tapestry 5 and its live class reloading is
unfortunately very shallow and entirely academic, but it
didn't occur to me that it would depend on the Jetty plugin
(I always had the impression that it was something that
Tapestry would handle internally with special classloaders,
regardless of the servlet container or how it was started).

Best wishes,
Timo