buildr-users mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: How to run a webapp in jetty
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:40:03 GMT
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Martin Grotzke <
martin.grotzke@javakaffee.de> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> thanx for your fast reply! At javaworld I found one relevant article
> ([1]), but this does only show (at least AFAICS) how to start jetty
> programmatically from java - what's not what I'm looking for. Am I
> missing s.th. in this article?

buildr jetty:start

This will start Jetty running in the current shell, and you can kill it with
Ctrl-C, or buildr jetty:stop (from a different shell). And of course you can
have your build finish by invoking this task (e.g. after packaging and
deploying the web app).

If the build does jetty:use, it either uses the running instance, or if
there is no instance, starts a new one and shut it down at the end (useful
for integration tests).

Assaf