buildr-users mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Setting BUILDR_ENV in buildfile has no effect on chosen settings.profile
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:23:58 GMT
On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Martin Grotzke <
martin.grotzke@javakaffee.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the documentation [1] says
>
>  "You can also set environment variables from within your Buildfile.
>  [..] Make sure to set any environment variables at the very top of
>  the Buildfile, above any Ruby statement (even require)."
>

> I tried this with adding
>
>  ENV['BUILDR_ENV'] = 'test'
>
> to the top of my buildfile to set the default profile to 'test'.
> Unfortunately, still the 'development' profile is used (it's printed in
> the very first line after running buildr and I see the 'development'
> profile is applied).
>
> Should setting the 'BUILDR_ENV' variable in the buildfile work, or is it
> just a documentation issue (because it's not meant to work for the
> environment environment variable)?

Not supposed to work for BUILDR_ENV. This environment variable is used
before the buildfile is loaded.

http://buildr.apache.org/settings_profiles.html#environments

It shows the two supported ways for setting the environment. You might have
to wrap Buildr with another script that does something like:

buildr -e $HOSTNAME

Assaf