buildr-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <djspie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Internal error: Called Buildr.settings before buildfile located - again
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:02:04 GMT
   - Download sources (there is a JIRA issue for this)
   - Artifact specification by SCM (e.g. depend on trunk/ version of Wicket,
   which will cause Buildr/Maven to checkout the artifact and invoke its POM,
   installing into local repo of build was successful)
   - *any* bizarre Maven plugin

I honestly don't believe that the last issue is worth worrying about.  As a
user, I would expect that functionality which was designed specifically for
Maven will indeed require maven to execute.  The Java.net artifact installer
is an example of this.  It's doable within Buildr, but it would have to be
done in a different way using a Buildr-specific extension (as opposed to the
current Maven-specific extension/plugin).

Source downloading and SCM-dependencies are very doable and would serve to
nicely round-out Buildr as a drop-in Maven replacement.  Sources are
particularly relevant for IDEs (content assist).  I've seen fewer projects
with SCM dependencies, but they do indeed exist (e.g. the Teachscape
internal application often depends upon the trunk/ version of Wicket and
several of its sub-projects).

Daniel