buildr-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <djspie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Internal error: Called Buildr.settings before buildfile located - again
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:41:38 GMT
I had actually forgotten about Buildr's integration with Gems.  It does make
sense to utilize this feature, but it doesn't seem to be widely understood,
and thus not really used.  Perhaps this is a documentation issue?  For
example, I'm not really clear on how exactly to package a Buildr extension
as a gem.

Buildr's great strength is its extensibility.  It's incomprehensible how
much more powerful than Maven (and even Ant) this is until you actually are
forced to use it (there, that was a complement :-).  I think this
extensibility should be heavily emphasized in the documentation, so that
anyone using Buildr should at least be familiar with extensions and how they
might be packaged and used.

Daniel