buildr-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <djspie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: is buildr still active?
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 20:47:08 GMT
GitHub is definitely the easiest way to contribute code.  Though, I haven't
had any contributions accepted yet, so who am I to say?  (hint, hint)  ;-)

Alternatively, using Git to develop a patch and then JIRA to submit isn't
too bad either.  Once you get over the initial learning curve (which isn't
too severe), Buildr is a remarkably easy project to contribute to.  The
architecture is reasonably consistent, and the code is pretty
self-documenting.  The best technique seems to be just to dive in and try to
do stuff.  For example, try to add a test framework provider, modify a
compiler, or add support for some other tool (e.g. ANTLR anyone?).  All of
this can be a very educational experience.  I won't pretend to know the
whole project yet, but I'm well on my way.

Daniel