buildr-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <djspie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why use buildr?
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 00:32:13 GMT
I would strongly emphasize the "scripting language not XML" point, since
this is (I think) Buildr's killer feature.  Having written a lot of scripty
Ant in my day, it is incomparably easier to do the same thing in Buildr.

Another point that might be worth mentioning is Buildr's Scala support,
which is second to none in my opinion.  Maven does support Scala with a
plugin (as does Ant), but support for test frameworks and the like is
lacking IIRC.

Daniel