buildr-users mailing list archives

From Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Cannot connect to remote gem server
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:25:05 GMT
On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 3:07 AM, Sakari Isoniemi
<sakari.isoniemi@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have a problem with my office computer to do gem update
> with Ruby128-26 running command
>
> gem update --system
>
> Updating RubyGems...
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
>    Invalid argument(Errno::EINVAL)
> In my home computer this works, so it is some
> kind of network problem ?

Ironically, it might happen because you're running an older version of
RubyGems which can't unpack the newer version you're trying to install.

So download the RubyGems 1.3.1 directly from this URL and then gem install
it:

http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/45904/rubygems-update-1.3.1.gem

Assaf