buildr-users mailing list archives

From Ittay Dror <itt...@tikalk.com>
Subject Re: Call tasks in subdirectories ?
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:06:23 GMT

Alex Boisvert wrote:

> It works for a single buildfile only.   Why not use a single buildfile?   If
> the projects are related, it's easier to have a single buildfile.

about single buildfile: when there are many projects, and therefore,
many committers, a single buildfile becomes a headache as the different
commits create conflicts (esp. if done in editors with different
indentation settings) and require merging. basically, it's the same
reason as to separate code into individual files, sure it is easier to
have it all in one place, but the lack of modularity is a boomerang.

ittay

--
Tikal <http://www.tikalk.com>
Tikal Project <http://tikal.sourceforge.net>