buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>
Subject Accessing unconventionally-capitalized java classes from buildr
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 20:24:51 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to invoke the command-line version of bnd (http://www.aqute.biz/Code/Bnd
) from buildr.  The utility has a main class (aQute.bnd.main.bnd)
which I'm trying to invoke in buildr like so:

Java.aQute.bnd.main.bnd.main(args)

I get the error "No arguments expected" for this.  Tracing into the
code, this seems to come from java/rjb.rb, which assumes that the
class name starts with a capital letter and so is treating the whole
thing as a series of packages.

This is a reasonable assumption IMO, but I'm wondering if there's a
workaround for loading a class which doesn't fit it.  Do I need to
just do Rjb.import?  Or is there an rjb/jruby cross-compatible syntax
that I'm missing?

Thanks,
Rhett