buildr-users mailing list archives

From Henrik Thostrup Jensen <thost...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Buildr not resolving dependencies correctly
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:28:20 GMT
Hi again :-)

2009/3/13 Henrik Thostrup Jensen <thostrup@gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> 2009/3/13 Ittay Dror <ittayd@tikalk.com>:
>>

>> Henrik Thostrup Jensen wrote:
>>>
>>> When executing this task buildr will start to compile the code, but
>>> will get the dependencies wrong, compiling the module in incorrect
>>> order, causing a build failure. When the task is re-run the order is
>>>

>> can you specify what the wrong and right orders are? what are the errors you
>> see?
>
> The sgas:xmldb module gets build before sgas:iterator, even though the
> xmldb modules
> specifies iterator under compile.with. Line 261

Okay, I've tracked down the problem to some files not getting copied
resulting in no java src directory (we generate the stubs one place,
copy them to java src dir and the copy our own on top). However I need
to specify a task dependency in a project. I tried doing a naive

desc 'xmldb' => :code_copy do... but that didn't work. How do I do this?

--
   - Henrik