buildr-users mailing list archives

From peter schröder ...@blau.de>
Subject Re: Buildr 1.3.4 Released
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 05:57:28 GMT
Hi Alex,

yes, you are right about my question. I would appreciate to have a
look into the upcoming stuff you are working on for that. We already
developed a small jruby build-app that uses ivy to resolve build-
artifacts. So there is not a big step of integrating it into buildr.
Its more an issue of migrating 30+ Libraries to work with that stuff...

Kind Regards,
Peter

Am 30.04.2009 um 07:04 schrieb Alex Boisvert:

> Yes, although the support is still rather basic.   transitive()
> doesn't
> support version ranges, coalescing versions (e.g. log4j-1.2.14 and
> 1.2.15),
> proximity or priority, etc.
>
> Also, I think Peter was asking whether Buildr publishes Maven poms
> that
> include dependency information.
>
> alex
>
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 8:50 PM, Daniel Spiewak
> <djspiewak@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't Buildr already support
>> transitive
>> dependencies?
>>
>> define 'my-project' do
>> compile.with transitive('org.apache.wicket:wicket:jar:1.4')
>> end
>>
>> Daniel
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 8:27 PM, Alex Boisvert <boisvert@intalio.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Peter,

>>> The buildr-task mailing list was used before we moved into the
>>> Apache
>>> incubator so it hasn't been used in a long while.

>>> buildr
>>> had!
>>>

>>> Great to hear!  Assaf must be credited for much of the
>>> documentation and
>>> doc
>>> infrastructre.  I like the result too.  It's easy for developers
>>> to write
>>> doc and it produces great output.
>>>
>>> On the google-groups i found an (old) discussion about a plugin that
>>> something
>>>

>>> Yes, that's the plan.
>>>
>>> We are currently evaluating buildr combined with ivy for
>>> even
>>>

>>> We're planning dependency management for Buildr 1.4.x.  No actual
>>> work
>> has
>>> started yet but ideas have been circulated.    We definitely plan to
>>> support
>>> reading Maven2 poms for transitive dependencies.  Using Ivy is a
>>> possibility.  Do you want to look into that?
>>>
>>> alex

_________________________________
Peter Schröder
IT

blau: +49 (0) 178 139 1035
fax: +49 (0) 40 288 071 - 71
mail: ps@blau.de

blau Mobilfunk GmbH
Schulterblatt 124
D-20357 Hamburg

Sitz: Hamburg
HRB 80531 Amtsgericht Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Dirk Freise, Martin Ostermayer, Thorsten Rehling