buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Running code after a package task has completed
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 22:53:34 GMT
Hi Andrew,

To run something before another task, you add a dependency, such as:

task 'before' do
  run_BEFORE_packaging()
end

task 'package' => 'before'

and to do something after, you can use enhance (as you did) but you'll want
to use 'tap' to configure the package(:zip) task like this:

package(:zip, :file=>_('target/mypackage.zip')).tap do |zip|
  zip.path('mydeploydir/one').include project('proj:myjar').package(:jar)
  zip.path('mydeploydir/two').include 'mytextfiles/*.txt'
  zip.path('mydeploydir/three').include 'myotherfiles/fromthisdir/*.pdf'
  zip.enhance do
    run_AFTER_packaging()
  end
end

alex

   package(:zip, :file=>_('target/mypackage.zip')).enhance do |zip, file|