buildr-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <djspie...@gmail.com>
Subject Correct Way to Depend on Another Buildfile
Date Thu, 07 May 2009 15:18:28 GMT
Consider: http://github.com/djspiewak/gll-combinators

Specifically, the examples/ directory defines a separate Buildr project
which depends upon the project in its parent directory (gll-combinators).  I
could have done this by using two sub-projects, but I wanted a very specific
directory organization.  In other words, I wanted the main sources to be
under gll-combinators/src/main/scala/ while the examples are under
examples/src/main/scala/.

Currently, I'm handling this by actually shelling out to Buildr from within
the examples/ buildfile, building the parent project and then explicitly
adding its target/classes/ directory to the examples/ dependencies.  Is
there a better way of doing this?  Better question: *shouldn't* there be a
better way of doing this?  :-)

Optimally, I would like to just `require` the parent's buildfile and then
using project('gll-combinators') to declare the dependency within the
examples/ buildfile.  However, Buildr doesn't seems to have some global
state relating to project definitions, meaning that this sort of thing
doesn't work at present.

Daniel