buildr-users mailing list archives

From Levin Alexander <m...@levinalex.net>
Subject Using autojar to include dependencies in generated package (for an applet)
Date Sun, 16 Aug 2009 20:47:35 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking to build stripped down jar files with only the minimally
needed dependencies included. I'm using autojar to do that.

However I know next to nothing about buildr (or java packaging in
general) and would appreciate some review/critique of what I'm doing:

    def add_dependencies(pkg)
      tempfile = pkg.to_s.sub(/.jar$/, "-without-dependencies.jar")
      mv pkg.to_s, tempfile

      dependencies = compile.dependencies.map { |d| "-c #{d}"}.join(" ")
      sh "java -jar tools/autojar.jar -baev -o #{pkg} #{dependencies}
#{tempfile}"
    end

    # and in the project definition:

    package(:jar)
    package(:jar).enhance { |pkg| pkg.enhance { |pkg| add_dependencies(pkg) }}

(also posted on stackoverflow.com here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1279419/buildr-package-dependencies-into-a-single-jar/1285293#1285293)

Is there a better way to do this?

Thank You,