buildr-users mailing list archives

From Gilles Gaillard <gillouxGaill...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: ant refugees
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 07:27:15 GMT
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the quick answer!

For the record, find below at the end of my reply what I did to invoke
ant targets from existing ant scripts:
- from a Ruby script (without using buildr).
- from inside a regular buildfile for buildr (your code with a minor
   correction  (Main.main)  - just showing where to insert it)
Note that there is a little trick to fix the classpath is the sample calling
antwrap alone. I think that this would be fixed in a cleaner way by taking
as example the buildr code in buildr/java/rjb.rb

My opinion is that the ability to use existing ant scripts could ease the
migration to buildr by enabling to keep on using some specific targets, but
I'm not there yet ;-)

Cheers,
-- Gilles

=================
build-with-ant.rb
=================
require 'rjb'
require 'antwrap'

# initialize the ant library
# NOTE: this also load the JVM via JAVA_HOME/jre/bin/xx/jvm.dll
#       The drawback is that the javac target must:
#       - be forked in order to be able to specify the path to the javac compiler
#       - the attribute 'executable' must be set
#       Additional notes: see below
Antwrap::AntwrapClassLoader::load_ant_libs('F:/dev_aspera/farm/ant/apache-ant-1.7.1')

# This does not work I guess 'load' can be called once only (to be checked)
# Antwrap::AntwrapClassLoader::load_ant_libs('F:/java/jdk1.5.0_09')
# Adding the following line in antwrap_utilities.rb solves the problem
# jars << 'F:/java/jdk1.5.0_09/lib/tools.jar'

# load needed java classes - see gems/Antwrap-0.7.0/lib/rjb_modules.rb
Main = Rjb::import("org.apache.tools.ant.Main")
# simple call equivalent to invoke on the OS command-line: 'ant compile'
Main.main([] << 'compile')

alternatively to run a given target after loading the build.xml file:

# now, instead we want to load a full project from a given build file
# and invoke a list of targets as we do usually
# add the following line to rjb_modules.rb
# ProjectHelper = Rjb::import("org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper")

# then add the following methods to gems/Antwrap-0.7.0/lib/ant_project.rb
=begin
     def configure(fname)
       file = Rjb::import('java.io.File')
       f = file.new_with_sig('Ljava.lang.String;', fname)
       Antwrap::ApacheAnt::ProjectHelper.configureProject(@project, f)
     end

     def executeTargets(args)
       vector = Rjb::import('java.util.Vector')
       string = Rjb::import('java.lang.String')
       v = vector.new
       args.each { |s| v.add(string.new_with_sig('Ljava.lang.String;', s)) }
       @project.executeTargets(v)
     end
=end
# then load the project from the build file and invoke a target
project = Antwrap::AntProject.new
project.configure("build.xml")
project.executeTargets([] << 'compile')

====================
buildfile for buildr
====================
define "my-project" do

   project.version = VERSION_NUMBER
   project.group = GROUP
   manifest["Implementation-Vendor"] = COPYRIGHT

   task :antCall do
     p 'calling ant..'
     Java.org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main( ['-file', 'build2.xml', 'my-target'] )
   end
end

then on the OS command line: