buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>
Subject Re: how to set system variable for jetty?
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 17:01:08 GMT
Hi Shane,

On Sep 9, 2009, at 11:42 AM, Shane Witbeck wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response. I'm still having trouble and not sure I
> know what you mean by buildr automatically starting up?

I mean that, as I understand it, buildr can deploy to jetty in two
ways: you can have a separate jetty process or you can have buildr
automatically start up jetty for you when you call deploy.  I do the
latter.  This is important because you need to set the system
properties in the same process where the jetty server is running.

> Here's what I
> have:
>
> task("setvars") do
>      Java.java.lang.System.setProperty("SPG_CONFIG_DIR",
> SPG_CONFIG_DIR)
>    end
>
>    task("jetty"=>["setvars", jetty.use]) do |task|
>      jetty.deploy("http://localhost:8080/mycontext", war)
>    end

That looks pretty similar to what I do, except that I don't depend on
jetty.use.  I'm not sure what the implications of that are.  All of
the examples I can find use it, so I'm not sure why I don't.

Oh, also, it might matter how you're running buildr -- I use standard
ruby.  Things might be different on jruby.

Rhett