buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>
Subject Re: how to set system variable for jetty?
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:25:33 GMT
Hi Shane,

On Sep 9, 2009, at 11:19 AM, Shane Witbeck wrote:

> I'm attempting to set a system variable so that it's available to the
> web app I'm deploying to jetty. How is this done?

I do it this way:

Java.java.lang.System.setProperty("logback.configurationFile",
logconfig)

I'm using jetty.deploy in the mode where buildr automatically starts
up jetty when deploy is called (i.e., not with jetty already running
in a separate process).  If you're not, I think you'll have to do the
setProperty call in the process where jetty starts up instead of where
you deploy to it.

Rhett