buildr-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Moore <rp.andrew.mo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to delay building a sub project?
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 00:17:55 GMT

Well, I'm not sure that fixes my issue... on the continuous integration
environment I still need it to compile and run its JUnits after I do a lot
of other deployment related tasks... I did end up getting a task that
defines my project on the fly. A pretty serious hack I think, but now I can
build and run these integration tasks by adding a call to my buildr task
from the command our build plan uses.

New build plan command:

buildr clean build package myroot:deploy-to-remote-server
myroot:start-remote-app-server myroot:integration-tests -e
my-remote-server-environment

And approximately what I ended up doing for my "integration-tests" task:

  # integration-tests
  task 'integration-tests' do

    Buildr.application.switch_to_namespace "myroot".split(':') do

      Project.define('myroot:integration-tests', {}) do
          #define the project
          #compile.with ...etc.
      end

    end

    project('myroot:integration-tests').clean.invoke
    project('myroot:integration-tests').build.invoke

  end #integration-tests

Any ideas on doing this better (as I'm not a ruby expert at all) would be
helpful!

Regards,

Andrew