buildr-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <djspie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: buildr usability
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 13:41:38 GMT
This is a really great idea!  I'm actually surprised that none of us
thought of this earlier.  JRuby is very easy to distribute in a self-
contained fashion, so this sort of packaging is not only possible but
very natural.  The only disadvantage would be the performance hit
carried by JRuby and really the JVM's slow startup.  I think this is
probably palletable though, especially given the convenience of this
approach.

Daniel