buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compiling groovy fails
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 20:39:11 GMT
On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Peter Schröder <ps@blau.de> wrote:

> Currently I am stuck building a groovy-sub-project. It fails compiling the
> groovy-source:
>
>  [groovyc] Compiling 1 source file to
> /Users/peterschroder/ruby/buildr-examples/building/compiler/groovyproject/target/classes
> E, [2009-10-12T18:39:36.709000 #76434] ERROR -- : Error instantiating
> 'groovyc' task: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.<init>(Z)V
> Buildr aborted!
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.<init>(Z)V

Hmmm.  I can't reproduce this on my setup.  Can you give more details about
your configuration?

> require 'buildr/groovy'
> Buildr::Groovy::Groovyc::REQUIRES.groovy = '1.5.4'
>
> But it did not solve my problem...
>
> There are lots of bad examples in the documentation, wich make the
> learning-curve very steep. I am trying to fix some of these mistakes while
> creating the examples.
> Looking at the rdoc of some internal classes I think that these are
> substantially wrong and I dont have enough knwoledge to fix them right
> away...
> I can put a marker on all documentation that looks fishy, if someone will
> have a look.

I'm happy to review+test anything that looks fishy.

Assaf, is this supposed to work?

artifact_ns['Buildr::Groovy::Groovyc'].groovy = '1.5.4'

I have to admit I've never really completely grokked all the artifact_ns()
variations.

alex